Here at Flat Cap, we pride ourselves on giving customers an unforgettable experience, from our delectable food made using only the best of local produce to our stunning boutique bedrooms. We boast sites of historical significance across Cheshire, each with their own striking external features that make the venues a truly legendary experience from start to finish.
For Flat Cap to have continued success, we are looking for passionate, people focused individuals to join us in the capacity of Sous Chef. If successful, applicants can expect to join a lively, fulfilling and fast paced working environment with an outstanding team.
Why work for Flat Cap?
- 30% discount on Food & Drink across the group, in any one our site
- Our sites occupy prime locations across Cheshire where staff benefit from high volume tips on a weekly basis
- 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Extra holiday day for Birthday
- Anniversary cash bonus on the anniversary of your employment (based on fulltime hours)
- Working in highly regarded locations that are featured across many high-profile platforms and the opportunity to work with people across the media and sports world.
- Lots of opportunities for progression across any of our sites and head office roles
- Company pension scheme
- Assist the Head Chef in the day to day operations of the kitchen.
- Play a key role in supervising and developing the brigade.
- Be expected to ensure the highest standards of food preparation and delivery.
- Effectively communicate across all sections of the kitchen.
- Responsible for stock control; Ensuring that stock levels are in line with company requirements and in cooperation with the Head Chef
- To ensure that due diligence documentation, rotas and other working papers are efficiently completed within company guideline
- Fully aware of all requirements of health and safety in the kitchen
- To put ideas forward and ensure a high standard across all food sectors within the kitchen.
- Able to operate all sections of the kitchen
- Menu planning and design
- Rota management
- Have a responsibility for ensuring the more junior chefs comply with all health & safety and food safety policies and procedures.
You will be;
- Excellent Communicator.
- Must have experience as a Sous Chef at a successful Gastro pub, boutique hotel or similar venue.
- Be passionate about delivering high quality dishes using the finest ingredients.
- Able to support in effectively motivating and leading a team.
- Strong communicator and enjoy being part of a large team.
Salary - Up to £32'000