Here at Flat Cap, we pride ourselves on giving customers an unforgettable experience, from our delectable food made using only the best of local produce to our stunning boutique bedrooms. We boast sites of historical significance across Cheshire, each with their own stunning external features that make the venues a truly legendary experience from start to finish.
For Flat Cap to have continued success, we are looking for passionate, people focused individuals to join us in the capacity of Head Chef. If successful, applicants can expect to join a lively, fulfilling and fast paced working environment with an outstanding team.
Why work for Flat Cap?
- 30% discount on Food & Drink across the group, in any one our site
- Our sites occupy prime locations across Cheshire where staff benefit from high volume tips on a weekly basis
- 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Extra holiday day for Birthday
- Anniversary cash bonus on the anniversary of your employment (based on fulltime hours)
- Working in highly regarded locations that are featured across many high-profile platforms and the opportunity to work with people across the media and sports world.
- Lots of opportunities for progression across any of our sites and head office roles
- Company pension scheme
- State of the art kitchen facilities
- Designing and Costing of New Menu's including seasonal.
- Supporting, coaching and training of Chefs.
- To ensure that food preparation and quality is of the highest standard possible within the limits of budgeted profit targets with a view to maximising sales to guests and ensuring staff welfare.
- Responsible for stock control; ensuring that stock levels are in line with Company requirements and to control food stocks each month.
- To personally prepare special dishes as required.
- To ensure that due diligence documentation, rotas and other working papers are efficiently completed within company guidelines.
- Fully aware of all requirements of health and safety in the kitchen.
- To put ideas forward and ensure a high standard across all food sectors within the kitchen.
- Able to operate all sections of the kitchen.
- Menu planning and design.
- Rota management.
You will be:
- Excellent Communicator.
- Must have experience as a Head Chef at a successful Gastro pub, boutique hotel or similar venue.
- Strong financial awareness and cost controls.
- Proven track record of Kitchen performance management.
- Hands on Leader & Team Player - record of developing/building brigades.
Salary - Up to £45'000