Recipes from Hotel to Home. Executive Chef Steven Tuke tells us his Ginger Stem Secrets…
Difficulty level - ★☆☆
It’s hard to beat a good dessert, that's why we're recommending a Flat Cap favourite.
A delicious but very simple indulgence to make. Our Stem Ginger Cake has all the richness of a Sticky Toffee Pudding, with the spice of preserved ginger. Beautifully moist, this traditional classic never disappoints and brings that ginger fragrance back into your homes. An ideal treat through the winter months to warm your stomach & a perfect alternative to Christmas Pudding.
"I really enjoy baking the Stem Ginger Cake. It takes minimal effort but always produces the same delicious taste. It's always a good one to bake at home as you can store It for up to a week. My top tip is to try with Honeycomb Ice cream" Executive Chef, Steve Tuke
- Firstly, melt your butter, sugar & golden syrup into a pan (do not boil)
- Then add the ginger & a pinch of salt. Allow this to cool
- Once complete, add eggs & milk whilst whisking
- Next fold in your flour & bicarb
- Place mixture into a greased baking tray and put into your pre heated over at 160 degrees for 25-30 minutes
Whilst this is baking, prepare the Ginger toffee sauce
- Melt the soft dark sugar with ginger syrup & paste
- Then add cream & reduce on low heat until desired consistency
Don’t forget to serve with ice cream or clotted cream!