- Assist the Head Chef in the day-to-day operations of a busy kitchen.
- Play a key role in supervising and developing the brigade.
- Support the construction of menus, aiding the head chef and offering new and exciting ideas.
- To ensure the highest standards of food preparation and delivery.
- Effectively communicate across all sections of the kitchen.
- Responsible for stock control; ensuring that stock levels are in line with company requirements and in cooperation with the Head Chef
- Able to operate all sections of the kitchen
- Rota management
- Fully aware of all requirements of health and safety in the kitchen
- Have a responsibility for ensuring the more junior chefs comply with all health & safety and food safety policies and procedures.
- Significant experience as a sous chef.
- Good work ethic and attention to detail.
- High level of all-round cooking knowledge and skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and excellent communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Excellent Timekeeping.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
Why work for Flat Cap?
- 30% discount on Food & Drink across the group, in any one our site
- Our sites occupy prime locations across Cheshire where staff benefit from high volume tips on a weekly basis
- 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Extra holiday day for Birthday
- Anniversary cash bonus on the anniversary of your employment (based on fulltime hours)
- Working in highly regarded locations that are featured across many high-profile platforms and the opportunity to work with people across the media and sports world.
- Lots of opportunities for progression across any of our sites and head office roles
- Company pension scheme
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace culture and we encourage applicants from all cultures and backgrounds to apply and join us here at Flat Cap.
Up to £35'000