Corporate Social Responsibility
Championing All Things Local
Integrating our hotel operations into the life of our local communities and society of our host county is highly rewarding for Flat Cap and its employees. We believe that the local economic and social impact of our hotels can be managed positively and responsibly.
At Flat Cap we believe our responsibility extends beyond our employees and guests but into the communities in which we operate within. In addition to our hotels’ individual engagement into socially responsible initiatives that meet the specific needs of their local community; Flat Cap Hotels also have a corporate social responsibility programme. This programme is lived by all employees, whether at a corporate level or within one of our individual hotels.
19th February 2021
Flat Cap In The Press
Using Only The Best Of Local Produce
Sustainability & Environmental Awareness
Reducing food miles
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through the provision of high quality food using only the best of local ingredients.
- All Flat Cap Hotel culinary produce is supplied via British suppliers, with the majority of our suppliers located within close proximity of our properties.
- Our hotels grow herbs where possible that are used in our restaurants
- Our "Belton's" Cheese is sourced and produced within 10 miles of our properties
- Our team of talented chef's visit local farmers to utilise seasonal produce in their weekly specials
Recycling & Waste Management
- All of our food waste is recycled separately to general waste
- All of our Take-Out packaging is biodegradable
- All glass waste is recycled
- Our cooking oil is removed by specialist suppliers and recycled into Bio-diesel
- Stationary is recycled
We are developing procurement procedures that take into account social and ethical criteria whilst making no compromise on quality and overall value for our guests.
- Where possible we purchase Fairtrade or Rainforest Alliance beverage products for our bedrooms
- All our poultry produce is "Red Tractor Assured"
- All our fish is supplied via "MSC" approved suppliers
- We buy British where possible, taking into account food seasonality and quality of produce
- We check suppliers are acting ethically in sourcing and production
- There are no endangered fish species used on our menus
The Flat Cap Mindset
Providing An Engaging And Supportive Team Member Experience
Our commitment to our employees is to provide an experience where our team feel valued, unconstrained, engaged and stimulated.
Here at Flat Cap our focus is on the needs of our team members to ensure that our guests receive outstanding service. Our employer reputation is of paramount importance to us and we strive to ensure that our venues are a great place to work as well as a great place to stay, eat, drink & dine.
The Flat Cap Way
All team members have the opportunity to learn and develop a range of skills as well as attend training events to support their ongoing development. This includes:
- Annual appraisals leading to a personalised development plan
- Off job training and qualifications where applicable
- Management succession planning via our Flat Cap Fast-Track programm
The Flat Cap Academy - in conjunction with Cheshire East Council & South Cheshire College, we look to change the perception of the hospitality industry in the North West as a viable and varied career option, spanning multiple sectors and disciplines
Equality and diversity
- Information and training is provided for all levels in equal opportunities policy and effective communication techniques that promote respect and positive behaviour
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we strive for it, it benefits not only our employees but our customers.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Employment at Flat Cap is based solely on an indiviudals merit and qualifications in relation to their competence. Flat Cap does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis.