Front of House
Flat Cap Hotels are a large and successful Cheshire and South Manchester hotel operator, boasting several sites across Cheshire, with more on the horizon.
We aren’t just closed because of Covid-19. We are undergoing thorough refurbishment with New People, New Concepts, New Menus, New Designs. A New Flat Cap.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Servers to join our team.
You’ll be joining a reputable, market leader within its sector, with a clear mission to continue taking legendary sites with real historical prevalence and turning them into stunning quirky spaces with an outstanding offering.
Each of Flat Cap Hotel’s venues are at the heart of each community and are a hot spot for out of region visitors. We are renowned for our cocktails, fine wines and champagnes, ales & excellent locally produced food coupled with stunning views and great outside spaces. We are the number one choice for all occasions, whether that be a small cosy gathering or a grand wedding they always deliver excellence.
This really is an exciting opportunity to join the Flat Cap team as a Server in our group of boutique hotels inclusive of bars, restaurants and corporate space. The staff benefits and reward schemes are second to none. We provide an upbeat, friendly and fashionable working environment led by forward thinking, energetic and highly skilled colleagues.
We are dedicated to improving our people, we don’t just talk the talk, but walk it as well by investing in our staff, their training, their development and their career ambitions. We provide the platform and resources to allow staff to be become the best! Flat Cap Hotels prides itself on being one of the market leaders in offering clear and realistic career pathways to its people through it’s unique in-house training academy – We aim high, do you?
Will you be our next success story?
You will be;
- Fun and outgoing with a real passion for food and drink.
- Customer Service background essential ideally within a similar role
- You will have a great work ethic and an even greater smile!
- You will be flexible with weekday and weekend shifts available.
- You must be available to work bank holidays, Easter and Christmas periods etc.
- Meet, greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies.)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Answer telephone enquiries and relay onto appropriate department/manager.
- Action any restaurant queries and/or restaurant bookings using the appropriate booking systems and processes.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate. Assist guests with any requests e.g. information, making bookings, directions.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Ensure all daily duties are completed timely and to a high standard.