Front of House
Flat Cap Hotels are a large and successful Cheshire and South Manchester hotel operator, boasting several sites across Cheshire, with more on the horizon.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Receptionist to join our team.
You’ll be joining a reputable, market leader within its sector, with a clear mission to continue taking legendary sites with real historical prevalence and turning them into stunning quirky spaces with an outstanding offering.
Each of Flat Cap Hotel’s venues are at the heart of each community and are a hot spot for out of region visitors. We are renowned for our cocktails, fine wines and champagnes, ales & excellent locally produced food coupled with stunning views and great outside spaces. We are the number one choice for all occasions, whether that be a small cosy gathering or a grand wedding they always deliver excellence.
This really is an exciting opportunity to join the Flat Cap team as a Receptionist in our group of boutique hotels inclusive of bars, restaurants and corporate space. The staff benefits and reward schemes are second to none. We provide an upbeat, friendly and fashionable working environment led by forward thinking, energetic and highly skilled colleagues.
We are dedicated to improving our people, we don’t just talk the talk, but walk it as well by investing in our staff, their training, their development and their career ambitions. We provide the platform and resources to allow staff to be become the best! Flat Cap Hotels prides itself on being one of the market leaders in offering clear and realistic career pathways to its people through it’s unique in-house training academy – We aim high, do you?
Will YOU be our next success story?
- Ensure that the service offered by all team members is personal and memorable. That guest needs are anticipated, and requests are followed up. Build relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return to Flat Cap Hotels.
- Conduct all guest check Ins and allocate rooms.
- Conduct all guest check outs and settle any outstanding balances.
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel.
- Handle / follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant Managers if unable to handle.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate. Assist guests with any requests e.g. information, making bookings, directions.
- Be a point of contact to all reservations queries or questions.
- Provide a daily operations sheet for Front of House and Kitchen.
- Provide housekeeping and maintenance with all necessary paperwork and documentation.
- Provide any guests with a paper invoice if requested.
- Upsell food and beverage and any applicable upgrades on guest check in when possible.
- Provide all guests with latest company literature on any current or upcoming offers or promotions on check out.
- Complete all site administration requests in a timely manner.
- Answering any telephone calls and acting on any queries / requests in a timely manner.
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
You will be:
- An excellent communicator.
- Attentive and have patience for customers.
- Organised and have multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- An Active listener and a real team player.
- Excellent at timekeeping.
- Flexible to working shift patterns.