Flat Cap Hotels are a large and successful Cheshire and South Manchester hotel operator, boasting several sites across Cheshire, with more on the horizon.
We aren’t just closed because of Covid-19. We are undergoing thorough refurbishment with New People, New Concepts, New Menus, New Designs. A New Flat Cap.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Head Chef to join our team.
You’ll be joining a reputable, market leader within its sector, with a clear mission to continue taking legendary sites with real historical prevalence and turning them into stunning quirky spaces with an outstanding offering.
Each of Flat Cap Hotel’s venues are at the heart of each community and are a hot spot for out of region visitors. We are renowned for our cocktails, fine wines and champagnes, ales & excellent locally produced food coupled with stunning views and great outside spaces. We are the number one choice for all occasions, whether that be a small cosy gathering or a grand wedding they always deliver excellence.
This really is an exciting opportunity to join the Flat Cap team as a Head Chef in our group of boutique hotels inclusive of bars, restaurants and corporate space. The staff benefits and reward schemes are second to none. We provide an upbeat, friendly and fashionable working environment led by forward thinking, energetic and highly skilled colleagues.
We are dedicated to improving our people, we don’t just talk the talk, but walk it as well by investing in our staff, their training, their development and their career ambitions. We provide the platform and resources to allow staff to be become the best! Flat Cap Hotels prides itself on being one of the market leaders in offering clear and realistic career pathways to its people through it’s unique in-house training academy – We aim high, do you?
Will YOU be our next success story?
- Designing and Costing of New Menu's including seasonal.
- Supporting, coaching and training of Chefs.
- To ensure that food preparation and quality is of the highest standard possible within the limits of budgeted profit targets with a view to maximising sales to guests and ensuring staff welfare.
- Responsible for stock control; ensuring that stock levels are in line with Company requirements and to control food stocks each month.
- To personally prepare special dishes as required.
- To ensure that due diligence documentation, rotas and other working papers are efficiently completed within company guidelines.
- Fully aware of all requirements of health and safety in the kitchen.
- To put ideas forward and ensure a high standard across all food sectors within the kitchen.
- Able to operate all sections of the kitchen.
- Menu planning and design.
- Rota management.
You will be:
- Excellent Communicator.
- Must have experience as a Head Chef at a successful Gastro pub, boutique hotel or similar venue.
- Strong financial awareness and cost controls.
- Proven track record of Kitchen performance management.
- Hands on Leader & Team Player - record of developing/building brigades.