Front of House
Flat Cap Hotels are a large and successful Cheshire and South Manchester hotel operator, boasting several sites across Cheshire, with more on the horizon.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Duty Manager to join our team.
You’ll be joining a reputable, market leader within its sector, with a clear mission to continue taking legendary sites with real historical prevalence and turning them into stunning quirky spaces with an outstanding offering.
Each of Flat Cap Hotel’s venues are at the heart of each community and are a hot spot for out of region visitors. We are renowned for our cocktails, fine wines and champagnes, ales & excellent locally produced food coupled with stunning views and great outside spaces. We are the number one choice for all occasions, whether that be a small cosy gathering or a grand wedding they always deliver excellence.
This really is an exciting opportunity to join the Flat Cap team as a Duty Manager in our group of boutique hotels inclusive of bars, restaurants and corporate space. The staff benefits and reward schemes are second to none. We provide an upbeat, friendly and fashionable working environment led by forward thinking, energetic and highly skilled colleagues.
We are dedicated to improving our people, we don’t just talk the talk, but walk it as well by investing in our staff, their training, their development and their career ambitions. We provide the platform and resources to allow staff to be become the best! Flat Cap Hotels prides itself on being one of the market leaders in offering clear and realistic career pathways to its people through it’s unique in-house training academy – We aim high, do you?
Will YOU be our next success story?
- Demonstrate a strong, hands on work ethic that can operate at pace ensuring every guest receives excellent service from you and the team.
- You will have strong, proven management experience within bar/hotel environment with the ability to lead, train and develop a team.
- Proven experience of shift leadership within a customer facing environment you’ll strive to be the best you can ensuring the team follow suit.
- Not only will you supervise the team, you’ll equally get involved with the customer’s journey: using a range of systems, taking payments and ensuring any queries or complaints are solved swiftly meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Be a strong communicator across all departments whilst always remaining responsible and organised you will help to deliver an efficient and consistent experience for every customer, you’ll have the ability to accept direction and responsibility ensuring a smooth operation is delivered for our guests and your team.
- Support the hotel site management with the general training, development and Supervision of all restaurant staff members, highlighting any under-performance, training needs or conduct issues immediately to line manager.
- Support hotel site management with any other supervisory responsibilities such as Rota planning, absence monitoring and customer queries, complaints or issues as and when they arise.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- To support Assistant General Manager and General Manager with supervisory duties for the site.
- Ensure all Front of House staff follow the sales plan for the site.
- Upsell products and services to maximise revenue for the site.
- To ensure all Front of House service standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure exceptional housekeeping and site duties are in place to ensure the property is fit for the customer journey.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties).
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.