Front of House
Here at Flat Cap, we pride ourselves on giving customers an unforgettable experience, from our delectable food made using only the best of local produce to our stunning boutique bedrooms. We boast sites of historical significance across Cheshire, each with their own stunning external features that make the venues a truly legendary experience from start to finish.
Over the last year we have been able to use the lockdown period to continue to add to our amazing venues with great concepts, exciting events which have seen further demand for our products & services.
For Flat Cap to have continued success, we are looking for passionate, people focused individuals to join us in the capacity of Duty Manager. If successful, applicants can expect to join a lively, fulfilling and fast paced working environment with an outstanding team.
All our venues are lively and renowned for amazing cocktails, live music and we pride ourselves on delivering an all-day dining experience, whether that be bottomless brunch on our outdoor terraces or our legendary live lounges on the weekend we provide the perfect experience, no matter when our guests visit.
We are dedicated to improving our people, we don’t just talk the talk, but walk it as well by investing in our people, through industry leading training and supporting career ambitions. We are proud to be one of the market leaders in offering clear and realistic career pathways to our people through our unique in-house training academy – the Flat Cap Academy – We aim high, do you?
Will you be our next success story?
- Demonstrate a strong, hands on work ethic that can operate at pace ensuring every guest receives excellent service from you and the team.
- You will have strong, proven management experience within bar/hotel environment with the ability to lead, train and develop a team.
- Proven experience of shift leadership within a customer facing environment you’ll strive to be the best you can ensuring the team follow suit.
- Not only will you supervise the team, you’ll equally get involved with the customer’s journey: using a range of systems, taking payments and ensuring any queries or complaints are solved swiftly meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Be a strong communicator across all departments whilst always remaining responsible and organised you will help to deliver an efficient and consistent experience for every customer, you’ll have the ability to accept direction and responsibility ensuring a smooth operation is delivered for our guests and your team.
- Support the hotel site management with the general training, development and Supervision of all restaurant staff members, highlighting any under-performance, training needs or conduct issues immediately to line manager.
- Support hotel site management with any other supervisory responsibilities such as Rota planning, absence monitoring and customer queries, complaints or issues as and when they arise.
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- To support Assistant General Manager and General Manager with supervisory duties for the site.
- Ensure all Front of House staff follow the sales plan for the site.
- Upsell products and services to maximise revenue for the site.
- To ensure all Front of House service standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure exceptional housekeeping and site duties are in place to ensure the property is fit for the customer journey.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g., parties).
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
The Bridge, Prestbury
The Vicarage, Cranage