Assistant General Manager
Flat Cap Hotels are a large and successful Cheshire and South Manchester hotel operator, boasting several sites across Cheshire, with more on the horizon.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Assistant General Manager to join our team.
You’ll be joining a reputable, market leader within its sector, with a clear mission to continue taking legendary sites with real historical prevalence and turning them into stunning quirky spaces with an outstanding offering.
Each of Flat Cap Hotel’s venues are at the heart of each community and are a hot spot for out of region visitors. We are renowned for our cocktails, fine wines and champagnes, ales & excellent locally produced food coupled with stunning views and great outside spaces. We are the number one choice for all occasions, whether that be a small cosy gathering or a grand wedding they always deliver excellence.
This really is an exciting opportunity to join the Flat Cap team as an Assistant General Manager in our group of boutique hotels inclusive of bars, restaurants and corporate space. The staff benefits and reward schemes are second to none. We provide an upbeat, friendly and fashionable working environment led by forward thinking, energetic and highly skilled colleagues.
We are dedicated to improving our people, we don’t just talk the talk, but walk it as well by investing in our staff, their training, their development and their career ambitions. We provide the platform and resources to allow staff to be become the best! Flat Cap Hotels prides itself on being one of the market leaders in offering clear and realistic career pathways to its people through it’s unique in-house training academy – We aim high, do you?
Will YOU be our next success story?
- Work with the General Manager in setting meaningful and challenging KPIs and objectives for staff to maintain and improve service performance and quality.
- To support key business financial objectives through full and timely completion of tasks allocated to you and your team.
- To work closely with the General Manager in order to meet business objectives and KPIs.
- To work with the General Manager to ensure that the hotel operates in line with the vision and business strategy.
- To work closely with the General Manager to ensure all key clients and customers are serviced in line with any pre agreed contract and customer satisfaction is constantly monitored and actions taken where necessary.
- To ensure all work is delivered within departmental budgets and cost savings are identified where possible.
- To identify improvements to customer service, procedures, systems and methods of working in order to ensure maximum efficiency.
- To ensure all systems and functions are checked daily and data is kept up to date.
- To ensure staff fully understand and adhere to established codes of practice.
- To support General Manager with the organisation and monitoring of staff schedules/rotas and act accordingly on any issues identified such as timekeeping / punching in and out.
- To ensure all guest / customer complaints are fully investigated, reviewed and acted upon in a timely manner with details documented and submitted to line manager.
- Work closely with the People department on the process of new staff members induction and training plans.
- To ensure all records of health and safety practices are up to date and correct.
- To ensure quality standards are adhered to.
You will have:
- Good Supervisory skills/Management and experience with minimum 3 years’ experience as an Assistant General Manager.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Excellent Timekeeping.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.